Tuesday, September 13, 2011

The News

Since my two boys have been born I have been unable to watch the news.  Little things just tear me up and make me very emotional.  The news usually just gives me one more thing to worry about.  Today, however, I watched.  I knew Texas had broken "the hottest summer" record today with 70 days at 100 or over...aren't we so proud?!?!  So, as I was watching, of course I got sucked into the fire coverage.  Fire is my biggest weakness.  I think about it constantly and create imaginary scenarios of what I would do if a fire was in a certain spot - I know...I need medication!  But all jokes aside, it scares the wits out of me.  In college, my brother and I survived a fire and lost everything. 
That is a feeling I will never forget. 

And then later this afternoon my mom calls and tells me about a fire at my Papaws house in Fairy.  My papaw passed away less than a month ago - their home and place, now more than ever, means the world to my family.  Luckily the house did not burn, but the barn, playhouse (the one my momma played in), and shop did.  I know memories are always in our hearts, but "things" do mean a lot to me.  I'm so thankful he was not there to see it or worry with it. 

Today I miss my grandparents so much -
and I'm reminded of all our great memories at this house. AND I'm so thankful it was spared!



  

No comments:

Post a Comment